Updated: Oct 20, 2021
Your thinking shapes your experiences. Even obstacles have value when you can see them.
Consider these empowering beliefs that you can start using today to transform your life through the power of changing your way of looking at the world. Your perspective is the driving force of your wellness potential. Discover how you can truly be empowered by being open to change your beliefs if the ones you hold no longer serve your goal of reaching your highest potential.
Empowering Beliefs to Make You Smile
1. I understand my potential. You can achieve amazing results when you put your mind to it. Feel excited about reaching your true potential. Excitement builds momentum for the next burst of excitement. Before you know it, your life will feel more joyous, and you will anticipate positive experiences more often. 2. I count my blessings. List each thing that you have to be grateful for. Remember to include the smaller items, like warm socks or tart cranberries. Expressing your appreciation reminds you of how rich you are. Yes, the little things are the things that make life worth living! 3. I learn from my mistakes. You can make setbacks work for you by focusing on the lessons they contain—flubbing one job interview can teach you how to ace the next one. Fubbing many job interviews can become content for an e-book of what not to do in an interview! 4. I find meaning in adversity. Tough times can be the most rewarding phase of your life. Know that you can emerge from any challenge with greater wisdom and courage. Look back at the obstacles you’ve already overcome, and reassure yourself that you can handle what’s ahead. Remember, nothing is ever as scary as the thoughts you conjure in your head. Ever hear of a " paper tiger?" 5. I embrace change. Accept that life is a series of changes. Focus on the present moment, and prepare yourself to adapt to whatever circumstances come your way. The unknown can be fabulously mysterious. Mystery uncovered then becomes new experiences the help you grow. How cool, is that?! 6. I dream big. Expand your wish list. Setting demanding but attainable goals give you adventures to look forward to each day; if you're going to dream, dream B-I-G! The world is full of miraculous happenings. You can catch your star too ya' know! 7. I practice forgiveness. Lighten your load by clearing away any resentment you’re holding onto from the past. Set reasonable boundaries while you respond with compassion when others disappoint you. Pardon yourself too. 8. I give generously. Sharing your blessings makes you more powerful and joyful. Volunteer in your community and speak kindly to each person you meet today. Buy a coffee for your co-workers or give your receptionist a flower. Okay, those ideas worked preCOVID. Post-COVID could work too. For now, be creative with FaceTime or Zoom.
Empowering Beliefs to Make You Strive
After the first set of 8 empowering beliefs, you may notice an affirmation theme. Empowering beliefs can also be used as your personal mantras to get you through tough days. Self-talk is a powerful tool to help you stay connected to the now. Use the last set of empowering belief statements to propel your thinking in the direction of success!
1. I take responsibility. You are in charge of your life. Hold yourself accountable for the outcomes you create. Celebrate the fact that you have the power to determine your future, especially when you give your "boss" the reigns. Trust your intuition (spirit) to lead you; It will never steer you wrong! 2. I apply effort. Figure out your definition of success, so you know what is worth working for. Give yourself credit when you’re making progress rather than comparing yourself to others. You were born to do something magnificent. Guess what? Only you can do it!
3. I leverage my strengths. You have your own individual strengths that you can draw on. Figure out what you’re good at and what you want to do. Let that knowledge guide your choices. Everybody is an expert in something. Are you a closet lint collector, fish whisperer, or plant doctor? Your gift doesn't have to be mainstream; it's only criteria - be uniquely you!
4. I listen to feedback. Ask for feedback to enhance your performance and show others that you respect their point of view. You grow faster when you gather solid input that you can translate into action. Only use the insight that resonates with your soul's highest potential. Everyone has an opinion. Many will not work for you. Be willing to sift out the gold nuggets of wisdom.
5. I ask for help. Expand your capabilities by building a sturdy support network. The world's weight is only on your shoulders when you don't allow others to share their strengths. Superman and Superwoman personas are so unrealistic. 6. I connect with others. Moral support counts too. Surround yourself with loving and encouraging family and friends. Participate actively in your faith community. Join a club with members who share your interest in solar power or badminton. You absolutely must join the Your Healing Place community by using the Wix App. 7. I recognize opportunities. Stay alert for promising openings. You may meet a new friend while you’re standing in line to buy your morning Passion Leaf Tea. 8. I try new things. Be open to experimentation. Go kayaking one weekend instead of playing tennis. Bake your bread or knit a scarf- read the From Panic to Empowerment books.
Discover new talents during your Zoom Wellness Consults with Dr. Stephanie. The possibilities are endless.
An upbeat attitude increases your happiness and productivity. Question your old assumptions so you can replace them with a new sense of certainty about yourself and your future. Adopt empowering beliefs that build up your confidence and prepare you for greater success. Start today. You’ll be glad you did!